Volunteer & Make a Difference
Bring care and comfort to patients in their final journey of life
Our volunteers make a real difference in the lives of our patients and their families. Some help run errands, read to patients and provide companionship, while others help handle administrative duties for our hospice staff.
With a willingness to support those in need, Hospice of Southwest Ohio’s volunteers build meaningful relationships with those who need a sweet smile, a warm hug or someone to simply listen.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Patient care visits
- Pet visits
- Musician visits
- General companionship support
- Administrative assistance
Requirements for volunteering include:
- You must be at least 18 years of age to volunteer.
- Hospice of Southwest Ohio Esteemed Volunteers should be able to pass a background check, drug screen and two-step tuberculosis test (paid for by us).
- We provide a comprehensive training program you will complete.
- We ask that you wait some time after experiencing the loss of a loved one before considering becoming a Hospice of Southwest Ohio volunteer.