We offer programs to help those in hospice, their families and caregivers
How we do things at Hospice of Southwest Ohio
At Hospice of Southwest Ohio, in addition to providing dedicated care partners and support to those in need, we also offer a series of programs that helps patients and their families.
With a focus on servant leadership, our management team is heavily involved in our day-to-day work. It’s one reason we have one of the highest reputations for hospice care in the greater Cincinnati area.
Special services we offer for hospice patients
Bears of Love
Hand-made Bears of Love are given to those who are sick and hurting, bringing comfort to our community. Memorial bears are made for those who have lost a loved one, using an article of clothing that belonged to them.
Make a Memory
Our team members and volunteers assist in creating special memories for patients. Create your own unique memory or choose from our many unforgettable Make a Memory experiences including:
- Spa day with treatments including massage, facials, manicures, pedicures, aromatherapy and healing touch
- Game day to watch the Reds, Bengals or a sporting event of choice
- Night on the town to enjoy a delicious meal at a favorite restaurant
- Day of culture at a concert, museum, theater, play, opera or event of choice
- Ohio River cruise to enjoy sightseeing and dinner on a chartered boat
- Las Vegas experience including entertainment, buffet and the action of a casino under the bright lights in Lawrenceburg, Indiana
- Outdoor experience enjoying nature with an activity of choice, such as fishing, and a picnic lunch or dinner
- Movie night at the theater or in the comfort of your own home with popcorn and dinner too
- Special day celebrations making anniversaries and birthdays magical and unforgettable
Our talented music minister creates a lively and joyous atmosphere in our Care Center in Madeira, and with our patients in their home or community, with flute and piano music, singing and gentle activity for patients.
Our volunteers assist with patient visits from certified therapy pets, as they are great sources of companionship and comfort for the terminally ill.
A one-hour professional voice recording of a loved one’s life story and memories is preserved on disc for family members to enjoy for years to come.
When loved ones can’t be there in person, VGo comes to life. VGo is a robotic telepresence that can be used anywhere you are to communicate with a loved one in hospice care. We place VGo at your family member’s bedside so they can be with you when you’re far away or attending a special event like a holiday party or birthday.
Programs we offer
Discover everything you need to know about hospice care.
Voice Your Choice
Help be an advocate for patients’ end-of-life wishes.
See how we honor Veterans in hospice care.
Not sure if hospice care is the right choice?
We service the following counties in and around Cincinnati, Ohio:
- Clermont County
- Butler County
- Warren County
- Hamilton County
- Greene County
- Montgomery County